General What are we?!?

• Welcome to ITBible, we're your #1 resource for enterprise or homelab IT problems (or just a place to show off your stuff).
This is just a general announcement.

WizardTux

Administrator
Staff member
Diamond Supporter
Partner
TCC-OG
Network Engineer
Sep 22, 2022
Shawnee, Kansas, USA
itbible.org
So you may be asking yourself, what is IT Bible... Why does it exist?

Well the answer to that is that, well, because we can. We started out in 2013 as a group of teens to mid 20s from all over the world, Canada, New Zealand, US and beyond.

We've gone through a lot of iterations since we originally started. We started on a community called The Hack Hub, and somehow I became an administrator on there (I literally just asked) and then the owner started to fade away. We didn't want to loose contact with each other (and by this point had started our own IRC network(s)) and decided that we would be a founding group of a new community called The Computer Crowd (it was supposed to be a play off of The IT Crowd) and we did well at that point (2014) but have started to fall off (the core group) still communicates several times a year via Matrix or Twitter.

In 2021 I switched the name to IT Bible to hopefully start to become the one stop shop of IT help for those of us who are working full time in IT, I plan to never have ads here (though if you do want to help out I have methods for that [see below]) and I just want users to be able to share knowledge with each other.

I want to bring this group back together and use this platform as a way for us to all share knowledge with each other as well as the rest of the world (most of us are now working full time in IT).

With the last forum system we used we lost a lot of our members and information, I don't think this will happen again but at least we're now on a more commonly used database backend.

Founding Group:
(I know Elon's going to hate that I put his old username here, sorry. I think for historical purposes its good to show that we have also personally underwent different versions of ourselves)
  • Liam 🇳🇿
  • Brad 🇳🇿
  • Justin 🇺🇸
  • WizardTux (Connor) 🇺🇸 (I used to just be Connor on IRC but have decided to start using WizardTux full time)

Honorable Mention (users that stuck by during all the transitions):

If you decide you want to help out financially, you can upgrade your account here. It is important to note, that we are not hiding any content here behind a pay wall, these are cosmetic only subscriptions. We will likely have additional Discord channels for those who are in Discord at some point but we want to have all of the beneficial content available to all.

Last edited: